Snacking, especially at night is a challenge many people face. Sometimes simple distractions offer alternatives to eating. Choose the options that you might like to try.
1. Go for a walk – Get some fresh air, outside and away from the kitchen.
2. Phone a friend – Call a friend for a catch-up and a few laughs.
3. Watch a movie – Put on a DVD or stream a film and avoid the food ads in free-to-air television.
4. Complete a project – Start a home project you have wanted to do for a while. For example, paint a room, redecorate or repair something that’s broken.
5. Pick up a hobby – Re-engage yourself in a pastime you used to enjoy or try something you have always wanted to do.
6. Take a bath – Relax with some soothing oil and even a few candles around the bath.
7. Have a facial – Pamper yourself every once in a while. A facial, manicure, pedicure – they are all good.